Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Freeze Ahead Recipe: Parm-ish Chicken

This is a meal I've made several times before.  It started as a "Oh crud!  What am I going to feed people tonight" recipe and has ended and a tried and true favorite.


When I bagged it during Freezer Cooking Day, I called it "Parm-ish Chicken"  Because it is kind of like Chicken Parmesan.  But only kind of.  What it is is delicious and so super easy.

Parm-ish Chicken

3 Chicken Breasts
1 Jar Pasta Sauce
1 Heaping Tsp Italian Seasoning
3oz Goat Cheese (More or less depending on your taste.)
Combine the first three ingredients in your freezer bag (or right into the slow cooker - just because I make this ahead doesn't mean you have to.  Actually this is the first time I have made this ahead.  Usually I just dump and go in the morning.), lay flat and freeze until ready to make.

When ready to cook, be sure to thaw the bag in the fridge overnight.  You probably could do it from frozen, but it does make it harder to get out of the bag and into the slow cooker.  Once it is thawed pour everything into the slow cooker and set for 6 hours.

An hour (or even 30 min) before serving add the Goat Cheese and stir.  Keep the lid off the slow cooker and let the sauce thicken up a little bit.  This is a great time to make your noodles and prep your salad and/or toast.  (I love adding carbs to my carbs by enjoying some buttered toast with my pasta.  And YES, we were Paleo for awhile. ::hangs head in shame::)
That's it.  It really is simple and the goat cheese makes it special.

The kids ate it up tonight.  Even my cheese-hater, Huck, loves this chicken and Noodle had seconds of everything.  I call that a major victory in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment